not an introduction- Final

Well, here we are, the end of a term. This is my time to look back, reflect, and understand my own growth. In the beginning of this project, I struggled to explain who I was through my art work. With the freedom to explore different areas, I was able to dig deep into my memories and repurpose past experiences with coinciding themes. Prior to this class, I never bothered to capture still images of the world around me. I only would take pictures of my favorite people as I always wanted to hold onto them, which is apparent in most of my private social media. This art class taught me to look away from that, as I was stuck at home for these past 10 weeks. These 10 weeks are small puzzle pieces that brought an idea on a screen to life. The readings, comments, and other people's blogs challenged me to own my creativity. 

I feel that I have changed in my ability to speak on here, and I feel that I have just been getting started. I took this class knowing that I have been fearful of posting anything for over 2 years. I have let my insecurities control my ability to communicate and share with others, and I feel like this class has empowered me to take that back.

It is special to me that there are people who are able to read pieces of my life. Thank you for following me on my journey of defining ideas on my own terms. Thank you for anybody out there who are also struggling to find their own voice and meaning.  It was a great pleasure. 




Here are pictures that did not make it onto my blog, but are favorites that I do enjoy. 

Link to private instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ohgollyitsjolly/?hl=mr

Comments

Popular Posts