Grids, Modularity

The usage and understanding of grids open up new pathways that can create form and framing for anything we want. According to Lupton and Philips, "Grids function throughout society" (187). Grids serve to function as dividers and circulators for flow in systems and our society. We use grids for our modern cities to manage the sea of traffic. Grids are able to make surfaces available and open for us to use. It leaves no blank spaces. In my pictures, I found pictures of when I was going back home from far distances. If I were able to take an aerial picture of Downtown San Francisco, you would be able to see the crowded grids and different districts. I also took a photo of my keyboard with the only letters shown spelling the word "SAFETY". With everything on in the world, I have found myself feeling being stuck behind a computer screen reading about the news and the current state of everything. I feel distressed, yet I know that by staying home I know I have some sense of safety. 











 

Comments

  1. I totally get the feeling, with school online now it feels as if the computer has become more of a safe space than my own room sometimes. It feels backwards considering how growing up we were always taught how dangerous the internet can be.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts